Why you need Vitamin C in your Summer (& Winter) skincare regime.
Why is vitamin C essential for skincare?
What does it do for the skin?
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Reduces formation of free radicals – which cause cell damage
- Prevents collagen breakdown – which causes aging
- Stimulates collagen synthesis – which slows down with aging
- Evens-out skin tone, reduces age spots & brightens
- In can also reduce acne.
Should I use Vitamin C in conjunction with any other products?
Do you need it particularly in summer?
Is Vitamin C best applied as a serum, cream or mask?
Is there a good time of day to use it?
What should I look out for when buying Vitamin C products?
- Stable formulation – it can be a challenge to stabilise Vitamin C in skincare, as it’s sensitive to air, heat and light. We only use Vitamin Stay C 50 which is much more stable than Ascorbic Acid.
- Fragrance free product – fragrance can cause irritation.
- Highest percentage isn’t always the best, particularly if your skin is sensitive or acne-prone. Do not be tempted by an over-loaded Vitamin C product. This can cause a drying/irritating effect to the skin. Over-loading will not produce a better result.
- Packaging – Vitamin C oxidises when coming into contact with air, so we use only airless pump packaging which maintains the products efficacy for longer.